- About WDR
- How You Can Help
- Contact Us
Volunteers & Foster Homes
In Summer, 2013 Wonder Dog Rescue will celebrate it's 11th birthday! It's a great opportunity to acknowledge the dedicated work that has helped us stay alive... and helped us to save HUNDREDS of dogs!
Volunteers are the heart and soul of the organization, and we hope you'll join us! You will be surprised at how giving just a few hours once a week, will do so much good.... and you will be richly rewarded.
Here is a listing of some of our current needs:
* FOSTER HOMES - Fostering is probably the most important of all jobs. When you open your home to fostering a pup, adult dog or a litter we get to save lives! We can NOT do it without you... We can provide foster homes with whatever supplies are needed, and we work to make a good match, so that you'll have a wonderful time. Please email email@example.com if you are able to foster or have questions!
* MOBILE ADOPTION ASSISTANCE - arrive at 11:45 to help set up the pens and work with the animals. Mobiles can be very stressful, especially for new (country) dogs. Keeping them calm and happy is the best way to help them shine... and find potential homes! Mobiles run on Saturdays and Sundays from noon until 3pm.
* MARKETING & OUTREACH SPECIALIST - Growing an organization is a very special task, and requires skilled leadership. We are currently seeking someone who can help WDR take this leap... We are seeking someone who has experience in social media, press/tv/print media and who has the energy and drive to move us along on this path! It's SO vital to the future of the rescue... and of course to the well being of the dogs.
* FUNDRAISING SPECIALIST - Organizing fundraisers can be time consuming.... but it's very important to the future of Wonder Dog, and to the welfare of our animals. We take in many dogs who have extraordinary medical needs, and have a very special soft spot for seniors and those who are ill. We need to be able to raise more money to help those who have special needs. If you enjoy working on fundraising, and have experience organizing and producing fundraisers we'd LOVE to have you join us!
* DRIVERS - we need help transporting dogs from shelters in outlying areas, to their neuter appointments, and to/from the mobile adoptions. Often we create multi-driver transports when bringing dogs from a distance. One of our volunteers, Karey, is a Fresno firefighter. On her days off she will, in her own words, "drive four hours in any direction to help transport a dog." Karey's assistance has helped us to save dogs in the Fresno area - and beyond! Can you help out with some driving? Gas and tolls are gladly reimbursed.
* GROOMER - oh my!! Some of the longer-haired dogs are matted to the skin. We would benefit so greatly from a groomer who could help us with these special cases.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.... and THANKS!